The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles is set to open on March 15, 2010 as the first luxury hotel in downtown Los Angelesby laliveinsider on Tue., Jan 19 at 12:01 PM
LOS ANGELES, CA (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE) - Opening on March 15, 2010, The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles will be the first luxury hotel of its caliber in Downtown L.A. and will be a cornerstone of L.A. LIVE, the $2.5 billion sports, residential and entertainment district, which is at the forefront of the renaissance of Downtown Los Angeles.
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles will feature 123 well-appointed guestrooms, including 14 suites with contemporary décor, as well as downtown Los Angeles' only full-service hotel spa, The Ritz-Carlton Spa, providing a luxurious, 8,000-square-foot sanctuary. Steps away from STAPLES Center, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE, The GRAMMY®Museum and an array of restaurants and nightspots, The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles will be at the center of one of the most exciting parts of the region.
\"L.A. LIVE brings a much-needed dimension to Downtown Los Angeles, with many dining and entertainment options that simply were not available previously, while The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles provides an oasis in the middle of this now exciting and active area,\" said General Manager Javier Cano.
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles will partner with a celebrity chef on its signature restaurant and lounge, which will be situated on the 24th floor. Guests will be surrounded by panoramic vistas of downtown and surrounding Southern California. A private dining room and wine cave will complete the offerings of this exciting new destination restaurant.
The 3,400-square-foot signature Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge will also boast spectacular views of downtown and beyond from the 23rd floor. In addition, guests can enjoy the city sights from the 26th floor as they relax by the exclusive, private rooftop pool and bar. Cabana and conversational seating arrangements will allow guests to enjoy the outdoors both day and night. For those interested in more active pursuits, a 2,000-square-foot fitness center on the 26th floor will allow for productive workouts while enjoying the city views.
The Gallery Collection will offer the most efficient meeting space in Downtown Los Angeles, with nearly 100,000-square-feet of ballroom and meeting rooms. With the size and flexibility of the event space, The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles will serve as the long awaited headquarters hotel supporting the Los Angeles Convention Center.
The hotel's location in the heart of the L.A. LIVE project will give guests direct access to a unique collection of entertainment and sporting options, including:
- STAPLES Center - The world's most successful arena, STAPLES Center is home to four professional sports teams, including the NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers, in addition to serving as the premier venue for musical performances, family shows and televised award ceremonies including the annual GRAMMY® awards.
- Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE - A state-of-the-art 7,100-seat venue for live performances and events, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE is the home to several of the most popular coveted awards shows including the ESPY Awards, American Music Awards, People's Choice Awards and Emmy® Awards, not to mention the upcoming American Idol finale shows.
- Club Nokia - Hosting 150 events a year, the 2,300-capacity Club Nokia is the perfect venue for popular artists desiring to perform in an intimate environment as well as emerging acts and cultural shows, while providing excellent space for corporate events and private parties.
- ESPN Broadcast Studios and ESPN Zone - ESPN's west coast 'headquarters' features broadcast studios for live programming including the network's nightly 10:00 PM Sportscenter shows while the adjacent ESPN Zone is the nation's most popular sports-themed restaurant and bar.
- The GRAMMY® Museum - Developed by The Recording Academy (NARAS) and AEG, the museum offers visitors a one-of-a-kind interactive museum experience paying tribute to music's heritage and rich cultural history.
- Conga Room - The legendary celebrity-owned Conga Room has relocated from its mid-Wilshire location to L.A. LIVE. The intimate performance venue features performances from some of the most popular international performers.
- Lucky Strike Lanes and Lounge- In addition to 18 state-of-the-art bowling lanes, the famous Lucky Strike features a café, bar, billiard tables, darts and private function rooms.
L.A. Live currently offers guests a multitude of dining options from the city's top restaurateurs, including:
- BOCA at the Conga Room offers an eclectic blend of Pan-Latin cuisine, with South America, Mexico and Caribbean influences.
- ESPN Zone is the ultimate sports, dining and entertainment complex, complete with more than 100 TV screens, interactive games, sports memorabilia and delicious American grill food.
- New Zealand Natural offers ice cream, frozen yogurt, soft serve, smoothies and shakes, all straight from New Zealand using the freshest and purest cream and ingredients.
- The Farm of Beverly Hills serves up innovative American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The pace is relaxed, the people are friendly and the food is like Mom would make, only better.
- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, featuring aged prime beef and 100 fine wines by the glass.
- Lawry's Carvery is a comfortable, quick-casual setting designed for today's busy lifestyle. Savor one of our platters featuring Lawry's famous prime rib, a signature hand-carved sandwich or fresh from-the-garden salads.
- Starbucks is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee. The L.A. LIVE location features a large lounge area and free Wi-Fi Internet access.
- Yard House is known for its extensive menu of American fusion cuisine, classic rock music and world's largest selection of draft beer.
- Rock'N Fish is a popular seafood and steakhouse restaurant celebrating an array of dishes influenced by the flavors of New Orleans to Chicago - mouthwatering martinis, an extensive wine list and the signature Navy Grog.
- Katsuya at L.A. LIVE offers traditional Japanese fare as well as signature dishes and specialty cocktails created with only the freshest ingredients.
- Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking with signature dishes such as guacamole prepared tableside and frozen pomegranate margaritas, in a stylishly festive atmosphere.
- Trader Vic's at L.A. LIVE features Trader Vic's signature dishes, exotic tiki drinks and live entertainment. The cozy tiki atmosphere is perfect for intimate dinners or large gatherings.
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill offers celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck's signature take on modernized \"bar and grill\" cuisine in an approachable, spectacular setting.
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles will share space with The Ritz-Carlton Residences at L.A. LIVE and the JW Marriott Hotel at L.A. LIVE in a one-of-a-kind, distinctive 54-story tower designed by Gensler that will be LEED certified.
About The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C., of Chevy Chase, Md., currently operates 73 hotels in the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean. More than 30 hotel and residential projects are under development around the globe with future openings including Dubai International Financial Centre, United Arab Emirates; Dove Mountain, Tucson, Arizona; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Lake Tahoe, California. The Ritz-Carlton is the only service company to have twice earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, which recognizes outstanding customer service. For more information, or reservations, contact a travel professional, call toll free in the U.S. 1-800-241-3333, or visit the company web site at www.ritzcarlton.com.
Exciting offers, pre-sale notices and exclusive contests.
Host a Private Event
L.A. LIVE is the perfect place for your group meetings, party or convention. Choose from many elegant spaces.Learn More