The JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE opens February 15, 2010by laliveinsider on Tue., Jan 19 at 12:01 AM
878 room hotel will be the cornerstone of Downtown Los Angeles' Renaissance
LOS ANGELES (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE) - The JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE is set to open on February 15, 2010 as a key component of the $2.5 billion Downtown Los Angeles sports, residential and entertainment district known as L.A. LIVE. The JW Marriott Hotel will be the long-awaited hotel headquarters supporting the Los Angeles Convention Center as well as other adjacent destinations including STAPLES Center, and Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE.
\"The creation of the L.A. LIVE development and the opening of the JW Marriott at L.A. LIVE are major components of the revitalization of Downtown Los Angeles while activating the district as a desirable destination for leisure and business travelers, including large groups and annual meetings,\" said General Manager Javier Cano.
Featuring 878 guest rooms, including 52 well-appointed suites, and a clean, contemporary, yet comfortable design, the JW Marriott at L.A. LIVE will offer the most efficient meeting space in Downtown Los Angeles with nearly 100,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting and event space. Three ballrooms, nine ancillary meeting rooms and three boardrooms comprise The Gallery Collection providing much needed support for hospitality and convention needs.
Guests can enjoy a drink and appetizers in the hotel's wine bar and lobby lounge, Glance. A classic cocktail lounge, The Mixing Room will showcase traditional favorites with a contemporary flare while the Illy Coffee Bar will offer the ease of beverages on the go. The hotel will also feature a signature, full-service restaurant, L.A. Market, created by a celebrity chef.
Those who want to get away from it all will have access to The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles' luxurious 8,000-square-foot spa, located on the second floor of the hotel tower, which will be Downtown L.A.'s first full-service spa. The 4,000-square-foot JW Marriott fitness center, located on the second floor, will offer state-of-the art fitness equipment, and an outdoor pool. A rooftop bar, Ion, will provide a relaxing option for guests.
In addition, as a focal point of L.A. LIVE, the one-of-a-kind live content and events 'campus' spanning roughly six city blocks, the JW Marriott at L.A. LIVE will offer its guests unparalleled access to world-class entertainment, dining, sports, theater and music experiences. Just steps away from STAPLES Center, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE, the GRAMMY® Museum and a multitude of well-know Los Angeles dining institutions, the JW Marriott will be located in the true heart of Downtown Los Angeles.
Always in the moment...
With its central location in Los Angeles' burgeoning downtown district, the hotel will provide a deluxe level of comfort and personal service within a unique environment designed to reflect its location. The hotel's February 2010 opening will mark the completion of all of L.A. LIVE's current development phase which will provide guests direct access to:
- STAPLES Center - The world's most successful arena, STAPLES Center is home to four professional sports teams, including the NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers, in addition to serving as the premier venue for musical performances, family shows and televised award ceremonies including the annual GRAMMY® awards.
- Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE - A state-of-the-art 7,100-seat venue for live performances and events, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE is the home to several of the most popular coveted awards shows including the ESPY Awards, American Music Awards, People's Choice Awards and Emmy® Awards, not to mention the upcoming American Idol finale shows.
- Club Nokia - Hosting 150 events a year, the 2,300-capacity Club Nokia is the perfect venue for popular artists desiring to perform in an intimate environment as well as emerging acts and cultural shows, while providing excellent space for corporate events and private parties.
- ESPN Broadcast Studios and ESPN Zone - ESPN's west coast 'headquarters' features broadcast studios for live programming including the network's nightly 10:00 PM Sportscenter shows while the adjacent ESPN Zone is the nation's most popular sports-themed restaurant and bar.
- The GRAMMY® Museum - Developed by The Recording Academy (NARAS) and AEG, the museum offers visitors a one-of-a-kind interactive museum experience paying tribute to music's heritage and rich cultural history.
- Conga Room - The legendary celebrity-owned Conga Room has relocated from its mid-Wilshire location to L.A. LIVE. The intimate performance venue features performances from some of the most popular international performers.
- Lucky Strike Lanes and Lounge- In addition to 18 state-of-the-art bowling lanes, the famous Lucky Strike features a café, bar, billiard tables, darts and private function rooms.
Always at the center of it all...
In addition, L.A. LIVE has drawn on the industry's hottest culinary talents and restaurateurs to offer specialty restaurants, including:
- BOCA at the Conga Room offers an eclectic blend of Pan-Latin cuisine, with South America, Mexico and Caribbean influences.
- ESPN Zone is the ultimate sports, dining and entertainment complex, complete with more than 100 TV screens, interactive games, sports memorabilia and delicious American grill food.
- New Zealand Natural offers ice cream, frozen yogurt, soft serve, smoothies and shakes, all straight from New Zealand using the freshest and purest cream and ingredients.
- The Farm of Beverly Hills serves up innovative American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The pace is relaxed, the people are friendly and the food is like Mom would make, only better.
- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, featuring aged prime beef and 100 fine wines by the glass.
- Lawry's Carvery is a comfortable, quick-casual setting designed for today's busy lifestyle. Savor one of our platters featuring Lawry's famous prime rib, a signature hand-carved sandwich or fresh from-the-garden salads.
- Starbucks is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee. The L.A. LIVE location features a large lounge area and free Wi-Fi Internet access.
- Yard House is known for its extensive menu of American fusion cuisine, classic rock music and world's largest selection of draft beer.
- Rock'N Fish is a popular seafood and steakhouse restaurant celebrating an array of dishes influenced by the flavors of New Orleans to Chicago - mouthwatering martinis, an extensive wine list and the signature Navy Grog.
- Katsuya at L.A. LIVE offers traditional Japanese fare as well as signature dishes and specialty cocktails created with only the freshest ingredients.
- Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking with signature dishes such as guacamole prepared tableside and frozen pomegranate margaritas, in a stylishly festive atmosphere.
- Trader Vic's at L.A. LIVE features Trader Vic's signature dishes, exotic tiki drinks and live entertainment. The cozy tiki atmosphere is perfect for intimate dinners or large gatherings.
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill offers celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck's signature take on modernized \"bar and grill\" cuisine in an approachable, spectacular setting.
The LEED certified property will share space with The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles and The Ritz-Carlton Residences at L.A. LIVE in a unique 54-story tower, which is designed by Gensler and will be one of the tallest mix-use buildings in Downtown Los Angeles.
About JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts
JW Marriott is a world class luxury hotel brand that appeals to the accomplished traveler seeking an environment of casual elegance. The JW Marriott experience is expertly edited to leave only what is truly desired and beautifully delivers lasting memories for our guests. At almost 50 properties worldwide, guests can experience world-class restaurants and extraordinary spa and fitness faculties.
MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL, Inc. (NYSE:MAR) is a leading lodging company with more than 3,200 lodging properties in 67 countries and territories. Marriott International operates and franchises hotels under the Marriott, JW Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Courtyard, TownePlace Suites, Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites and Bulgari brand names; develops and operates vacation ownership resorts under the Marriott Vacation Club, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club and Grand Residences by Marriott brands as well as Marriott Executive Apartments; provides furnished corporate housing through its Marriott ExecuStay division; and operates conference centers. The company is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and had approximately 146,000 employees at 2008 year-end. It is recognized by BusinessWeek as one of the 100 best global brands, by FORTUNE® as one of the best companies to work for, and by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as Partner of the Year since 2004. In fiscal year 2008, Marriott International reported sales from continuing operations of nearly $13 billion. For more information or reservations, please visit our web site at www.marriott.com. For an interactive online version of Marriott's 2008 Annual Report, which includes a short video message from Chairman and CEO J.W. Marriott, Jr., visit www.marriott.com/investor.
Host a Private Event
L.A. LIVE is the perfect place for your group meetings, party or convention. Choose from many elegant spaces.Learn More