Pete Carroll And USC Football Legends Celebrate Opening Of ESPN Zone At L.A. LIVEby laliveinsider on Tue., Jan 13 at 12:00 PM
X Games Host Sal Masakela Joins Tim Leiweke and AEG To Host Event Benefitting Pete Carroll's A Better LA Foundation
Thursday, January 15, 2009
- USC Head Football Coach, Pete Carroll will be the 'guest of honor'
- ESPN X Games and E! Entertainment host Sal Masakela and AEG's Tim Leiweke to host
- USC Football Alumni and NFL stars, Fred Davis of the Washington Redskins, Lawrence Jackson of the Seattle Seahawks, Willie McGinest of the Cleveland Browns, Sam Cunningham of the New England Patriots and former pros Rodney Peete and Curtis Conway
- Other celebrity guests include Jillian Barberie host of FOX's NFL Sunday and Good Day LA, and Paul Ben-Victor of HBO's Entourage and the CW's Everybody Hates Chris
- Grand Opening of ESPN Zone at L.A. LIVE hosted by AEG and Tim Leiweke, with special guest Pete Carroll. The event will be a benefit for the A Better LA foundation. Founded by Carroll, A Better LA is a non-profit organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of violence and hopelessness in our inner-cities. The event will feature access to ESPN Zone's arena of interactive games and attractions, signature American grill fare and open bar, and special guest appearances.
- Tickets to attend the ESPN Zone Grand Opening are $125 for adults and $75 for those under 21 years of age, and can be purchased at www.staplescenterfoundation.com or via telephone at (213) 742-7166.
- Red Carpet Arrival and greeting by USC Song Girls and Trojan Marching Band members
- Speech by Rose Bowl winning USC Head Football Coach, Pete Carroll
- Endless entertainment in the ESPN Zone Sports Arena game room
- Thursday, January 16, 2009, 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Media Check in - 5:30pm
- Red Carpet Arrivals - 6:00pm
- ESPN Zone
1011 Figueroa (at Chick Hearn Court)
- STAPLES Center Foundation has established a number of partnerships in the Los Angeles community to assist charities in raising funds and awareness for their organizations with a special emphasis on the low-income neighborhoods surrounding the arena. The Foundation has donated an excess of $10 million in financial and in-kind support to many community-based organizations, helping to reach those in need.
- A BETTER LA, founded by USC football head coach Pete Carroll, is a 501(c)(3) designated nonprofit organization comprised of local leaders from the private, non-profit, social service, faith-based, education and law enforcement sectors. They are committed to supporting Los Angeles communities in their goal to reduce violence by empowering change.
Exciting offers, pre-sale notices and exclusive contests.
Host a Private Event
L.A. LIVE is the perfect place for your group meetings, party or convention. Choose from many elegant spaces.Learn More