Schedule of activities / events:
5:00 AM - Media vans can park on Chick Hearn Ct. Parking begins at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE Box Office and goes West on the north side of the street, closest two lanes to Nokia Theatre. Trucks must enter from Figueroa and Chick Hearn Ct. intersection.
9:00 AM - Pre-approved media may enter STAPLES Center at Media Entrance to set up to interview players departing STAPLES Center for parade busses. This will be limited to television outlets broadcasting live leading up to parade.
11:15 AM - BRIEF player interviews begin on Main Concourse as players depart for busses and parade for live television.
11:50 AM - Credentialed media may enter STAPLES Center Media Center to view parade on television.
NOON - Parade begins at 5th Street and Figueroa St.
12:25 PM (as early as) - Parade pauses in front of media platforms in L.A. LIVE for \"hero shot\"
12:30 PM (as early as) - Players enter STAPLES Center and are available for brief interviews with pre-approved media.
1:00 PM - Doors open for fans to enter STAPLES Center for rally
2:30 - 3:30 PM - LA Kings Championship
- The Kings will allow all news media with Kings Season Credentials, Season Photo passes and 2012 NHL-issued Stanley Cup Final credentials access to the Nokia Plaza L.A. LIVE mix zone before the parade, and also into STAPLES Center to view the parade, speak with players after the parade and cover the Celebration Rally.
- Other news media that do not possess Kings Season Credentials or NHL-issued finals credentials can apply for special parade and Rally credentials by having an assignment editor or similar professional email Cassandra Zebisch ([email protected]) no later than 3 pm Wednesday afternoon. You will be emailed with confirmation. Depending on space, media members showing up with no credentials can apply on-site with no guarantees. To apply on-site or to pick up your parade credentials (non-Kings media credential holders), report to the media-relations table located on the corner of Chick Hearn Ct. & Georgia St. starting at 5:00 AM and no later than 10:00 AM on Thursday.
- In addition to microwave van parking on the north side of Chick Hearn Ct. from the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE Box Office, north to Georgia St., each television station may park up to two microwave vans in the \"normal\" media parking area in Lot 1. We are working with LAPD to secure one additional spot for stations on Figueroa St., just south of Chick Hearn Ct.
- Reporters, photographers and other members of the media can park in Lot C, located on L.A. LIVE Way between 11th St. and Pico Blvd starting at 6:00 AM.
AREAS OF ACCESS (Parade):
- A restricted media zone has been established on Nokia Plaza L.A. LIVE just adjacent to the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE Box Office. Photo risers (with assigned locations for outlets) will be provided. Note, this is the optimum position to capture the \"hero shot\" just before the parade's conclusion. This is also where we suggest all live television anchor positions be established. Media can also stand in the first lane along the north curb on Chick Hearn Ct. Standing anywhere else on the closed street will result in the revocation of credentials.
- Within this area, reporters, photographers and support can cover and view the parade. There will also be a Media Center established in STAPLES Center for those hoping to view the parade on television. Access will be provided via STAPLES Center's Media Entrance (stairway 18) beginning at 11:50.
- Unless arrangements have already been confirmed, there are no opportunities for media positions on any of the parade vehicles.
- BEFORE the parade begins, credentialed media may \"walk\" portions of the parade route including interviewing fans. Media must stay on the street and may not bring fans out from behind the bike rack. Once the parade begins, all media must either be behind designated bike rack or in the Media Mix Zone along Nokia Plaza L.A. LIVE.
- Media may not interview players during the parade nor may they get on any of the busses during the parade. Additional vehicles motorized or not, will not be permitted on the parade route at any time. Drivers and passengers of any unauthorized vehicles on the parade route are subject to arrest.
AREAS OF ACCESS (Rally):
- Credentialed media will receive tickets for assigned seats within STAPLES Center for the rally. Tickets will be distributed to credentialed media already inside beginning at 1:30.
- The Bob Miller Press Box will be accessible beginning at noon and the Chick Hearn Press Room will be accessible beginning at 2:30.
- ADA Platforms at aisles 111, 112 & 113 will be available for photographers and video cameras.
- A limited number of positions for local television cameras and larger (professional) tripods will be assigned at the bottom of aisle 111. There is media panel accessibility from this position.
- There will be no post-rally interview opportunities with players or other participants.
- There will be no video interviews with fans in the public seating areas.
- Video interviews with fans on the Main Concourse are permitted from designated areas.
- The RTNA of Los Angeles and AEG are coordinating a pool feed of the parade to all participating members of the RTNA.
Host a Private Event
L.A. LIVE is the perfect place for your group meetings, party or convention. Choose from many elegant spaces.Learn More