AXS ticketing Launches in Los Angeles with STAPLES CENTER No. 1 arena in North America to utilize AXS.com for Ticketingby laliveinsider on Mon., Feb 04 at 11:30 AM
Beyonc´ Concert at BET Experience in June will be First Show to Utilize AXS Tickets Go On-Sale via AXS.com Monday, Feb. 11 at 10 a.m.
AEG Boosts Platform's Venue Services Offerings with New Acquisitions and Investments
LOS ANGELES (Feb. 4, 2013) – Effective today, STAPLES Center, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE and Club Nokia are welcoming a new era of user-friendly ticketing with the transitioning of the respective venues' ticketing services to AXS Ticketing (pronounced access) from Ticketmaster.
Beyonc´'s June 26, STAPLES Center concert, which kicks-off her upcoming world tour announced earlier today, will be the first event at the downtown Los Angeles venue to be offered exclusively thru the AXS.com platform. Tickets for Beyonc´ at STAPLES Center, scheduled as part of the events taking place during the BET Experience at L.A. LIVE June 26-28, will be available beginning at 10 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 11.
Since launching in August 2011, AEG has already installed the new platform in 24 venues in less than 18 months, including London's The O2 arena, the world's top-selling concert venue since 2007.
\"With the addition of AEG's largest and most iconic venue to date – STAPLES Center – the ticketing platform now powers the No. 1 arenas in both North America and the United Kingdom, with true momentum forward,\" said Tom Andrus, AXS Digital SVP & GM. \"AXS is more than just ticketing and was created as a complete platform to redefine the live event experience by empowering venues across every phase of an event – from event discovery to ticketing to in-venue engagement and beyond.\"
With this philosophy in mind, AEG has begun to acquire or invest in a series of strategic assets that not only introduce new capabilities to the AXS platform, but provide venues additional resources to better accommodate guests, while also collecting important data that presents a true picture of fans from the moment they contemplate a purchase until they leave the venue post-event.
AXS Acquires Carbonhouse
AXS Ticketing has been set apart from competitors through technology innovations and partnerships with industry-leading companies that enhance the platform. With that in mind, AEG recently acquired Carbonhouse, a company that specializes in creating award-winning websites for arenas, performing arts centers and convention centers. With more than a decade of experience selling tickets, Carbonhouse leads the industry by evolving technology-based solutions to reach customers, as was demonstrated last year with the introduction of Apps for Venues, in partnership with WillowTree Apps. The industry leader, Carbonhouse currently provides digital services to more than 100 facility clients across North America, among them the world's most popular venues, such as STAPLES Center, Sprint Center (Kansas City, MO), Barclay's Center (Brooklyn, NY), American Airlines Arena (Miami, FL) and KeyArena at Seattle Center.
AEG invests in ByPass
AEG also recently became a strategic investor in ByPass, the leading provider of in-seat ordering and payment solutions for venues. The company seamlessly integrates a consumer facing mobile application that enhances the fan experience by allowing fans to place and receive orders from their seat. The company's point-of-sale solutions also provide cashiers with touchscreen tablets to intuitively accept payment at fixed and mobile registers. Thus helping venues avoid costly on-site infrastructure, while accessing real-time inventory, sales and intelligence data.
\"AXS is rapidly becoming the world's only end-to-end digital venue services platform, unifying the entire event lifecycle for both the fan and venue management to create seamless experiences, personalization, and commerce and data capture opportunities,\" said Bryan Perez, AEG President of Digital, Ticketing and Media. \"Today's investments demonstrate our commitment to deploy technologies that do more than just ticketing, but truly empower venues to build direct relationships with their patrons and enhance the entire fan experience.\"
Developed and operated by AEG, one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world, and a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anschutz Company, AXS is a new digital platform and will serve as AEG's primary consumer brand. The AXS platform includes AXS.com, a Ticketing website, venue web services and database management components.
About STAPLES Center
STAPLES Center, has clearly established itself as the sports and entertainment center of the world. As the home of four professional sports franchises – the NBA's Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, the NHL's 2012 Stanley Cup Champions Los Angeles Kings and the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks – STAPLES Center has proven to be a home court advantage for the local teams. The AEG owned and operated arena continues to distinguish itself as the host of major, high-profile events of national and international distinction including the 2004 & 2011 NBA All-Star Game, the 2002 NHL All-Star Game, the 2000 Democratic National Convention and 2009 World Figure Skating Championships, twelve GRAMMY Award shows as well as the annual X Games competitions. STAPLES Center's thirteen years have also been marked with performances and special events that brought international stature to the downtown Los Angeles venue including concerts by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (who played the arena's first-ever public event on October 17, 1999), Mana, Prince, U2, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, Usher, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Roger Waters, Britney Spears, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Sade and Justin Timberlake, as well as world championship boxing, family shows and special events. Hosting over 250 events a year, the arena's reputation for world-class amenities, features and commitment to quality of service and the guest experience is second to none.
AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anschutz Company, owns or is affiliated with a collection of companies including more than 100 of the world's preeminent facilities such as STAPLES Center (Los Angeles), The Home Depot Center (Carson, CA), Best Buy Theater (Times Square, New York), Sprint Center, (Kansas City), Rose Garden Arena (Portland), Target Center (Minneapolis), Mercedes-Benz Arena (Shanghai, China), MasterCard Center (Beijing, China), O2 World Hamburg, Allphones Arena (Sydney, Australia), Ericsson Globe Arena (Stockholm, Sweden), O2 World Arena (Berlin, Germany) and The O2 arena and entertainment district (London, England), which are all part of the portfolio of AEG Facilities. Developed by AEG, L.A. LIVE is a 4 million square foot / $2.5 billion downtown Los Angeles sports, residential & entertainment district featuring Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE; Club Nokia; a 54-story, 1001-room convention \"headquarters\" destination; along with entertainment, restaurant and office space that \"officially\" opened in 2010.
In addition to overseeing privately held management shares of the Los Angeles Lakers (NBA), assets of AEG Sports include franchises and properties such as the Los Angeles Kings (NHL); Los Angeles Galaxy and Houston Dynamo (MLS); two hockey franchises in Europe; the Amgen Tour of California cycling race; and Bay to Breakers foot race. AEG Live, the company's live-entertainment division, is the world's second largest concert promotion and touring company, and is comprised of touring, festival, exhibition, broadcast, merchandise and special event divisions with fifteen regional offices. AEG Global Partnerships, a division responsible for worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships naming rights and other strategic partnerships, and AEG Merchandising, a multi-faceted merchandising company, are also core business units of AEG. In 2010, AEG launched its AEG 1EARTH environmental program with the announcement of 2020 environmental goals and the release of the industry's first sustainability report. And in 2011, AEG introduced AXS Ticketing, the first phase of its new entertainment platform serving as the company's primary consumer brand, which also will feature a mobile service as well as a video content service now in development. For additional information, visit www.aegworldwide.com.
Recent Innovations to AXS
In addition to the new elements, AXS Ticketing introduced several industry innovations over the course of the last 17 months, including:
- AXS Invite – A new advancement that brings people together and takes the middle-man out of buying tickets as a group. AXS Invite allows fans, for the first time ever, to buy tickets and reserve adjacent seats for their friends, which can be purchased separately. The social ticketing process is easy and keeps friends sitting together during the show/game/performance. Since being introduced in October, 64 percent of people using AXS Invite have accepted and purchased tickets, causing a 38 percent increase in average transaction size from 2.4 to 4.0.
- Front Gate Tickets – Through a joint venture with C3 Presents, AEG acquired Front Gate Tickets, previously the nation's largest independently owned ticketing company, which handled music events and festivals, including the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival and Lollapalooza. In conjunction with AXS Ticketing, the goal of the partnership is to build the best digital festival platform in the world.
- StubHub – AEG partnered with eBay and StubHub to not only create the most fan and industry friendly secondary platform, but jointly pursue innovation and investments in the digital space. Through this partnership StubHub became the official fan-to-fan ticket marketplace for AEG venues worldwide, and global commerce leader PayPal became one of AXS Ticketing's new methods of payment.
New Forthcoming Technology
In an effort to create the best platform for not only fans, but venues as well, AXS Ticketing has more innovations in the works, which will rollout throughout the course of the next year.
- Fair AXS – A new program that will allow fans to sign up for tickets in advance of the on-sale. In the week leading up to the on-sale, consumers would fill out their information and select three sections in which they would like to sit. If the demand for tickets is greater than what is available, they will be distributed through a random lottery system. If there are still tickets left, they will be sold during the initial on-sale. This system will help make the purchasing process less stressful for the consumer, while also allowing the venue to help weed out scalpers.
- AXS Anywhere – This feature will allow partner websites to sell tickets through AXS Ticketing. For example, a person reading a story about a basketball team on ESPN.com would be able to purchase tickets to their next game through a widget in the story without ever having to leave the partner website, creating a more convenient experience for the consumer.
AEG / AXS
Rogers & Cowan
Exciting offers, pre-sale notices and exclusive contests.
Host a Private Event
L.A. LIVE is the perfect place for your group meetings, party or convention. Choose from many elegant spaces.Learn More