22 of AEG Facilities' venues ranked among Top 100 in Pollstar's 2012 Mid-Year Worldwide Rankingsby laliveinsider on Fri., Jul 13 at 01:00 PM
AEG Facilities' The O2 in London Ranks No. 1 Worldwide
LOS ANGELES, CA (Friday, July 13, 2012) - Twenty-two venues owned, operated or affiliated with AEG Facilities were included in the list of the Top 100 arenas worldwide in Pollstar Magazine's 2012 mid-year rankings. The list, compiled by the well-respected concert and venue industry publication, reflects tickets sold for concerts and other show from January 1 - June 30, 2012. The report also indicated that AEG Facilities' venues accounted for four of the top 10 venues worldwide, with 44% of total ticket sales in the top 10 arenas and 38% of those from the top 20. In total, AEG Facilities accounted for more than 4 million tickets sold in the first half of 2012, accumulated from venues across three continents.
London's The O2 tops the list at #1, with more than 694,000 tickets sold in the first half of 2012. The O2 has led the rankings every year since it opened in 2007. Berlin's O2 World arena placed 5th on the list, earning AEG Facilities two of the top five rankings worldwide. Rounding out the top 10 is the O2 World Hamburg and Allphones Arena in Sydney, placing 8th and 9th, respectively.
\"Pollstar's mid-year rankings showcase AEG Facilities' position as the industry leader in attracting the world's greatest events,\" said AEG Facilities President Bob Newman. \"As our portfolio of elite venues continues to grow, we look forward to a very successful second half of the year.\"
The complete list of venues AEG Facilities owns, operates or is affiliated with that placed in the Top 100 for the mid-year rankings of 2012 include:
- The O2, London, UK - 1
- O2 World Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany - 5
- O2 World, Berlin, Germany - 8
- Allphones Arena, Sydney, Australia - 9
- S.E.C.C., Glasgow, UK - 13
- Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Boondall, Australia - 14
- Sprint Center, Kansas City, Mo. - 20
- Prudential Center, Newark, N.J. - 25
- STAPLES Center, Los Angeles, Calif. - 26
- AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami, Fla. - 28
- Valley View Casino Center, San Diego, Calif. - 40
- Target Center, Minneapolis, Minn. - 42
- Ericsson Globe, Stockholm, Sweden - 46
- U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio - 49
- AT&T Center, San Antonio, Texas - 55
- Oracle Arena, Oakland, Calif. - 61
- Ahoy Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Netherlands - 63
- KeyArena at Seattle Center, Seattle, Wash. - 65
- KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, Ky. - 66
- Rose Garden Arena, Portland, Ore. - 80
- 1stBank Center, Broomfield, Colo. - 84
- Citizens Business Bank Arena, Ontario, Calif. - 96
Pollstar is the leading international publication for the concert industry, which publishes quarterly, mid-year and annual rankings of top arenas in ticket sales worldwide.
About AEG Facilities
AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anschutz Company, is the leading sports, entertainment and venue operator in the world. AEG Facilities, a stand-alone affiliate of AEG, owns, operates or consults with 100 of the industry's preeminent venues worldwide, across five continents, and works in concert with affiliated AEG entities, including live event producer, AEG Live, AEG Global Partnerships and AEG Development to support the success of AEG venues across the globe. AEG owns, operates or provides services to venues including STAPLES Center (Los Angeles, Calif.), The Home Depot Center (Carson, Calif.), Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE (Los Angeles, Calif.), Citizens Business Bank Arena (Ontario, Calif.), Valley View Casino Center (San Diego, Calif.) Sprint Center (Kansas City, Mo.), XL Center and Rentschler Field (Hartford, Conn.), The Rose Garden (Portland, Ore.), KeyArena (Seattle, Wash.), KFC YUM! Center (Louisville, Ky.), AmericanAirlines Arena (Miami, Fla.), AT&T Center (San Antonio, Texas), Time Warner Cable Arena (Charlotte, N.C.), Prudential Center (Newark, N.J.), Target Center (Minneapolis, Minn.), Mercedes-Benz Arena (Shanghai, China), MasterCard Center (Beijing, China), The O2 Arena (London, England), O2 World (Berlin, Germany), O2 World Hamburg (Hamburg, Germany), Ahoy Arena (Rotterdam, Netherlands), Pernambuco Stadium (Recife, Brazil), Allphones Arena (Sydney, Australia), Globe Arenas (Stockholm, Sweden), Turk Telekom Arena (Istanbul, Turkey) and the Qatar National Convention Centre (Doha, Qatar). For more information, please visit www.aegworldwide.com.
Michael Roth, AEG
(213) 742-7155 or [email protected]
Alison Groendal Salcedo, AEG Facilities
(310) 630-2032 or [email protected]
Cassandra Zebisch, AEG
(213) 763-7712 or [email protected]
Host a Private Event
L.A. LIVE is the perfect place for your group meetings, party or convention. Choose from many elegant spaces.Learn More